I started out obsessed with cycling and inspired to cycle by seeing Chris Boardman win gold at the 1992 Barcelona Olympics. From this experience I took up cycling and joined the local club Southborough and District wheelers. I time trialled for 5 years competing at National level before moving in to road racing. I moved to Belgium and competed there for 3 years taking on Under 23 races such as the Tour of Flanders and many Belgium Criterium races.
I decided to stop cycling and wanted a new challenge. I couldn’t swim and wanted a reason to learn so I entered a sprint distance triathlon. This was only meant to be a one off event but I was hooked. I have competed at a high level in both Duathlon and Triathlon and at all distance.
I coach people because I enjoy seeing athletes learning and working hard. I have a wealth of knowledge and experience coaching people from a range of backgrounds and abilities. My coaching approach is to always keep it simple. This approach gets results and keeps the enjoyment in training and racing.
• 3 x Ironman Finisher
• British National Duathlon Age Group Championship
• 2 x Bronze Duathlon Age Group Championships
• Represented Great Britain at the European, World Duathlon and Triathlon Championships
• Twice Bronze medal at National Duathlon Championships
• Former Elite and Semi-Professional Cyclist
• 5km Personal best 16min 27sec
• 10km Personal Best 33min 54sec
• Half Marathon Personal Best 1hour 23min
• 3 x Marathon 3hrous 27min
• 10mile Time Trial 21min 15sec
• 25miles 56min 27sec
• Ironman Personal Best 10hours 47min
• British Triathlon level 2 Coach
• Personal Training Level 3
• British Cycling level 2 Coach